A bit about me...

Hi! My name is Briana Browder, and I am a sophmore in the University of South Alabama's College of Education. I am majoring in Elementary Education, and I plan to graduate with my bachelor's degree in December of 2010. My goal after I graduate is to become a kindergarten teacher in a Baldwin County School.

As I get closer to my teaching career, I am beginning to explore different teaching tools that I can use in my classroom. The teaching tools that I have found that I like the most are blogs, iGoogle homepages, ACCESS labs, the ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange) website, and educational websites for elementary students.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Using Blogs as a Teaching Tool

I feel like blogs are becoming more and more popular all across the world, and I believe that using blogs as a teaching tool in my classroom will be a great idea. Through my research of other teacher blogs, I have found that there are many ways blogs can help students, teachers, parents, schools, and other interested parties interact. Blogs are free tools that can be viewed by anyone with an internet connection. Some of the basic features I really like about classroom blogs are the blog posts and the ability to connect with other classrooms world wide. Classroom blog posts can include all types of school information. For example, teachers can use blog posts to relay information about school notices and newsletters, school or classroom awards, class assignments, and online tasks. Teachers can also use blog posts to upload photos and videos from the classroom. As a teacher, I believe this will be a great tool because parents will always know exactly what is going on in the school and classroom by just looking at the classroom blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment